Position : VP - Legal
Location : Mumbai
No of Positions - 01
Position Code : AVSSLM-08-03
Form submission failed due to unexpected error. Please try again.
RMZ Corp is one of Asia’s largest privately-owned real estate owners, investors, and developers. One of the few zero-debt real estate companies, globally, our Massive Transformative Purpose is to disrupt the way people view work. Our Deeply Unifying Purpose is to leverage our integrated digital platform to build smart, engaged, quantified communities.
Through our co-investment partnerships, we serve select global institutional investors that share our vision, such as CPPIB & Mitsui Fudosan, with a track record of delivering exceptional returns, as we have done for Qatar Investment Authority.
By stretching our imagination and adapting to the digital way of life, we relentlessly pursue innovation and drive a sustained transformation program to deliver projects better, faster and with superior member experience.
With Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, LEED®️, and WELL certifications in place, we remain at the forefront of sustainable building design, construction and operation. We bring in unique experiences that enhance the health and well-being of members through active, smart and biophilic design.
RMZ has racked up prestigious accolades, from being the only development project from India to win the 2020 ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence, to being the first company, globally, to achieve WELL Health—Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management. As of today, we hold the largest Indian portfolio of assets certified under LEED Arc, a building performance monitoring and scoring platform. With 95% leased assets across 67m sq ft and valued at 10B$ and a hyper-growth strategy to propel the firm to 87m sq ft valued at 15B$ by 2026 RMZ, today, ranks among the world’s top real estate firms.
We are seeking a passionate Legal professional to join Team RMZ, work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards, responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today serve as a key person responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactic initiatives and Mergers & Acquisitions. Being a senior team members of the Company with your effective advice on strategies and implementation and will be directly involved in M&A and various complex business transactions
As a key member of the RMZ management team, this executive will be responsible Support the companies’ major business and M&A transactions through due diligence, deal negotiation, conclusion of documentation and integration of executed definitive documents with operational team.
- Identify risks and issues during the course of diligence and analyse the extent of risks and devise mitigation plans.
- Negotiation and conclusion of Definitive Documents expeditiously
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- Responsible to instructs and assists external legal partners where necessary identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting legal risk, which ensures that all of the business’s risk management approaches are viable.
- Support the companies’ major business and M&A transactions through due diligence, deal negotiation, integration, and other phases.
- Advise on legal aspects of the group companies’ financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Should front end and conclude due diligence for acquisitions with the aid of law firms.
- Setting up Data rooms, front ending discussions with consultants on the buy/investing side and clarifying their queries.
- Coordinating with internal and external stake holders and assisting the buy/investing side in quick and expeditious conclusion of due diligence.
- Finalization of Debt Document , Support – Due Diligence from bank / Financial institutions.
- Identify potential risks and control weaknesses; prioritize compliance efforts accordingly
- Should be well versed in drafting Term Sheets, Heads of Terms, Memorandum of
- Understanding for green field, brown field and completed acquisition opportunities and for potential investments into the Company.
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding NDA’s with investors and service providers Drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase documents, Shareholders and Subscription
- Agreements, Escrow Agreements.
- Work cross-functionally and assist with data privacy protection and compliance efforts
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the management.
- Full time LLB from the recognised university with 12+ years of experience in a law firm environment or as in-house counsel.
- Mix of professional experience as in-house counsel in a Real estate company and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients.
- Strong commercial analytical skills including good acumen on legal and tax structure
- Strong interpersonal skills essential with the ability to create/build and maintain relations with Landowners and Institutional Investors and various internal stake holders.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical.
- Self-starter/motivated and detail oriented. Individual should have an open, creative, and innovative mindset.
- Leadership qualities, having ability to lead CFT which consist of members from different team skills.
At RMZ Corp , we advocate fair employment practices, and recruit talents based on merit and fit with our Corporate values. We provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and build an inclusive workplace regardless of race, gender, age, religious belief or nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.