Position : Director / Associate - Legal
Location : Bangalore
No of Positions - 01
Position Code : DASSLB-08-01
Form submission failed due to unexpected error. Please try again.
RMZ Corp is one of Asia’s largest privately-owned real estate owners, investors, and developers. One of the few zero-debt real estate companies, globally, our Massive Transformative Purpose is to disrupt the way people view work. Our Deeply Unifying Purpose is to leverage our integrated digital platform to build smart, engaged, quantified communities.
Through our co-investment partnerships, we serve select global institutional investors that share our vision, such as CPPIB & Mitsui Fudosan, with a track record of delivering exceptional returns, as we have done for Qatar Investment Authority.
By stretching our imagination and adapting to the digital way of life, we relentlessly pursue innovation and drive a sustained transformation program to deliver projects better, faster and with superior member experience.
With Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, LEED®️, and WELL certifications in place, we remain at the forefront of sustainable building design, construction and operation. We bring in unique experiences that enhance the health and well-being of members through active, smart and biophilic design.
RMZ has racked up prestigious accolades, from being the only development project from India to win the 2020 ULI Asia Pacific Awards for Excellence, to being the first company, globally, to achieve WELL Health—Safety Rating for Facility Operations and Management. As of today, we hold the largest Indian portfolio of assets certified under LEED Arc, a building performance monitoring and scoring platform. With 95% leased assets across 67m sq ft and valued at 10B$ and a hyper-growth strategy to propel the firm to 87m sq ft valued at 15B$ by 2026 RMZ, today, ranks among the world’s top real estate firms.
We are seeking a passionate Director – Legal professional to join Team RMZ, work alongside innovative leaders who set the standards, responsible for our reputation as an industry leader today. Being a Head of Legal vertical and responsible for all the legal functions in the Company including, corporate strategic advisory, structuring, Corporate commercials, Intellectual Property, contracts and Negotiation, litigation’s, regulatory and compliance and various complex business transactions. Being a Head of corporate legal department and is responsible for the legal affairs of the entire company business. This role includes providing legal counsel to the board of directors, chairman of the board, and other senior management
As a key member of the RMZ management team, this executive will be responsible to Design a Crisis Management Program and ensure the Company has an adequate Compliance Program in Place.
- Developing and leading corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters
- Being a Director manages legal risk within the business by taking responsibility for providing legal advice to the business’s senior leadership on all legal matters affecting their individual departmental transactions.
- Responsible to provides senior leadership across the business with strategic and operational guidance, aiding them in the management of litigation issues such as contract disputes and product liability.
- In this capacity, the director of Legal is also charged with reviewing and providing advice to the business upon request on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business.
- Responsible to instructs and assists external legal partners where necessary identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting legal risk, which ensures that all of the business’s risk management approaches are viable.
- Responsible to Serve as a key legal advisor on all major business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, investments, and strategic partnerships.
- Support the companies’ major business and M&A transactions through due diligence, deal negotiation, integration, and other phases.
- Advise on legal aspects of the group companies’ financing, including assessing and advising on current and future business structures and legal entities.
- Should front end and conclude due diligence for acquisitions with the aid of law firms.
- Identify risks and issues during the course of diligence and analyse the extent of risks and devise mitigation plans.
- Setting up Data rooms, front ending discussions with consultants on the buy/investing side and clarifying their queries.
- Coordinating with internal and external stake holders and assisting the buy/investing side in quick and expeditious conclusion of due diligence.
- Finalization of Debt Document , Support – Due Diligence from bank / Financial institutions
- Mitigating compliance risks, implementing the legal and regulatory risk compliance program and to ensure that the business in complies with local and international payments legislation and regulation.
- Identify potential risks and control weaknesses; prioritize compliance efforts accordingly
- Should be well versed in drafting Term Sheets, Heads of Terms, Memorandum of
- Understanding for green field, brown field and completed acquisition opportunities and for potential investments into the Company.
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding NDA’s with investors and service providers Drafting, reviewing and negotiating purchase documents, Shareholders and Subscription
- Agreements, Escrow Agreements.
- Develop strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
- Work cross-functionally and assist with data privacy protection and compliance efforts
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the management.
- Controlling Legal Spending
- Candidate Master of Laws or L.L.M with National Law School/ University qualification
- Mix of professional experience as in-house counsel in a Real estate company and legal counsel in a top tier law firm with international clients.
- Strong commercial analytical skills including good acumen on legal and tax structure
- Strong interpersonal skills essential with the ability to create/build and maintain relations with Landowners and Institutional Investors and various internal stake holders.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical.
- Self-starter/motivated and detail oriented. Individual should have an open, creative, and innovative mindset.
- Leadership qualities, having ability to lead CFT which consist of members from different team skills.
At RMZ Corp , we advocate fair employment practices, and recruit talents based on merit and fit with our Corporate values. We provide equal opportunity for all qualified persons and build an inclusive workplace regardless of race, gender, age, religious belief or nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.